Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pre Race Condition

KONA-pre race condition

The scoop-- shortly after the Vermont Half Journey I developed a condition in the lower part of my right leg that eventually deteriorated to the point where I could not run. I will devote an entire post to a description of this injury and the possible cause--more than likely a terrible mistake on my part! Anyway, I had not run on land in over four weeks prior to Hawaii due to this naging injury, coach Jesse(http://www.qt2systems.com/) decided it was best to run in water. So, as the race approached the question had to be answered--is this possible? We decided that I would test things out the day before my departure(thur. Oct.3),so I did-- After a 30 min water run I transitioned to a 30min ZR land run-- it was okay-- Not great! Decision time---I'll give it a shot as the race was still 10 days away--maybe it will clear up !

No comments:

Post a Comment